With your InfoSoup library card you have access thousands of eBooks and audiobooks. Learn more below, or ask your local librarian for details. Also check our our Research & Homework Help page for additional online resources, all available 24/7.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (eBooks and Audiobooks from OverDrive).
Explore our state-wide digital library, with over 50,000 ebook and 18,000 audiobook titles. Login with your InfoSoup Library card and PIN. Works with most mobile devices including Kindle. For other mobile devices we recommend using the Libby App.
View the OverDrive Help page to learn more.
You can also search for and check out OverDrive titles directly in InfoSoup, as well as manage your OverDrive checkouts and holds in your InfoSoup account. Checkout our eBooks in InfoSoup Video.
Audiobooks, Magazines & Music Lessons
One web site, one app, & one login for all RB Digital resources. To get started, register for an account on the RB Digital site on on the RB Digital App. View our RB Digital page for more information about first time registration.
RB Digital Audiobooks -- access to more than 9000 audiobook titles published by Recorded Books. Most titles are always available and require no holds or waiting lists.
RB Digital Magazines Collection -- access to over 100 full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on computers and mobile devices, with no holds or checkout periods. see our video introduction to learm more.
ArtistWorks -- world-class instruction through self-paced video lessons from Grammy Award-winning music and artistic professionals.
TumbleBook Library are animated, talking picture books that have been created from existing picture books from well-known publishers and authors and converted to the TumbleBook format. From outside a library all you need is your library card number to use TumbleBooks.
Apple and Android apps for TumbleBooks are available. When you login the first time, select Library then enter Country and State and then tap Next.For Library, Select InfoSoup Libraries/Outagamie Waupaca Library System and then entry your library card number without spaces. Do not log out when you are done.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, TumbleBooks has made additional content available at no cost until August 31st.
A wide selection of Audiobook, Movies, Music, and eBooks to download or stream.
Available for patrons of the following InfoSoup Libraries:
- Appleton Public Library
- Clintonville Public Library
- Door County Libraries
- Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library
- (Manawa) Sturm Memorial Library
- Marinette County Libraries,
- New London Public Library
- (Oconto) Farnsworth Public Library
- Shawano County Libraries
Check out our collection of newspaper resources available for historic and genealogical research. For current events, try US Newstream featuring key national and regional sources including The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, & Chicago Tribune.
Check out the ever growing collection of local history resources available online 24/7. These full-text and image resources include census records, birth, marriage & death records, immigration and military records, directories, passenger lists, maps, postcards, city directories, local histories, newspaper articles, and more.
Additional Free Resources
Many resources are being made available for free while schools and libraries are closed. Here is a small select list of online resources that are either always free or temporarily free.
eBooks & Audiobooks
- Tumblebook Audio Cloud -- all ages audio book database. Made available temporarily courtesy of Tumblebooks.
- Romance Book Cloud -- a huge collection of Romance novels for the older crowd! Made available temporarily courtesy of Tumblebooks.
- Tumblebooks Teen Cloud -- A wide range of fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels geared to middle and high school students.
- Project Gutenburg -- A library of over 60,000 free ebooks. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Always free.
- Open Library -- Includes copyright free books and books that have been scanned by libraries and archives. Mostly older title. An odd and quirky collection, but with a few gems and hard to find items. Always free, but sign up required.
- Digital Public Library of America -- Discover millions of images, texts, videos, and sounds from across the United States. Includes the Open Bookshelf project. Visit DPLA eBooks page to learn more. Always free.
- LibraVox -- public domain audiobooks read by volunteers. Always free.
Resources for Kids & Families
- 100+ Free Video Read Alouds -- A collection of links to free read alouds from the Indianapolis Public Library.
- 100 More Free Video Read Alouds -- More links to free read alouds from the Indianapolis Public Library.
- Storyline Online -- The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Always free.
- United for Literacy -- Unite for Literacy provides free digital access to picture books, narrated in many languages.
- Scholastic Learn at Home -- day-by-day projects to keep kids reading and thinking.
- Scholastic BookFlix -- Animated classic storybooks are paired with nonfiction titles. Registration required.
- International Children’s Digital Library (ICDL) -- The ICDL Foundation's goal is to build a collection of books that represents outstanding historical and contemporary books from throughout the world.
Research & Genealogy
- Ancestry Library Edition -- Normally in-library use only, but currently available from home with a library card # and PIN courtesy of Amazon and ProQuest.
- Newpspaer Archives -- The full US collection is temporarily free with a library card courtesy of Newspaper Archives. The Wisconsin papers are available to Infosoup users year round.