Language Learning Resources
Our subscription to Transparent Languages ended on 12/31/19. Please take a look at these language learning resources in InfoSoup and on the web.
Books, Audio, & Video in InfoSoup
Try these links to view what is available in InfoSoup. All links go to the Classic Catalog.
Check out some of the many foreign language feature films available in InfoSoup.
On the Web
There are a vast number of free, fee, and freemium language learning resources available online offering many different styles and approaches to language learning. We recommend you take a look at a number of different resources, read reviews, try the free versions when available, and see what works best for you. Infosoup does not endorse one site over another. Here are just a few starting places that might be of interest.
- Duolingo - Well-known web site and app offering over 90 languges. Free with premium service options.
- Live Lingua - Their tag line is "The world's first total immersion language school online." Sign up for a free lesson.
- MEMRise - A popular gamified language learning app.
- Rypeapp - Another company providing live online language instruction. 7 Day free trial available.
- Open Culture - Provides links to free online language resources in 40+ languages.
- LingQ (pronounced "link") - Another freemium language learning site with lessons for improving your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- Fluent in 3 Month - Benny the Irish Polyglot shares his method for language learning.
- Mimic Method - A "learn by Ear" approach focusing on learning, hearing, and pronunciation.
- Busuu - Another one of the more well-known freemium services, includes both online lessons and practice with native speakers.
- Michele Thomas - An online, all-audio method from a well-known language instructor. Fee.
Language App Reviews. The web is full of reviews of language learning web sites and apps. Spend some time reading or watching reviews to get a feel for the different sites and approaches. Below are just a few you might want to take a look at.
- 15 Best Language Learning Apps for 2019 by Inlingua Language School
- 10 best language learning apps 2019 - by lingualift
- What you can (and Can't) Learn from a Language App - New York Times