Each year the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA), in in cooperation with the Children's Book Council assembles a list of Outstanding Science Trade Books. Past lists can be found on their web site. See our booklist Outstanding Science Books K-12 for their most recent selections. These titles are also tagged in InfoSoup, so you can view all the titles directly in the catalog.
For more great science books for children, also see the Cooperative Children's Book Center's CCBC Choices 2015: Science, Technology, and the Natural World. CCBC Choices are also tagged in InfoSoup.
Readers of all ages can also check out our Science and Nature bookslist, whcih is updated a couple of times a month listing new and noteworthy titles recently added to InfoSoup.
On September 14th we will be moving to a New InfoSoup catalog.
Your Library Card Number and PIN will remain the same and all your My Account features such as checkouts, holds, lists, fines, will be exactly the same. In fact, the "New" InfoSoup is really the same catalog with a new look and feel, additional content, and some great new features. We think you will find the New InfoSoup very intuitive and easy to use. If you have questions, please talk to your local library staff.
Below is a list of some of the new features. On the sidebar is a search box for the new catalog, along with some introductory videos and help documents.
- Improved search results
- Easier to limit your results to a specific format and/or location
- Checkout and manage your OverDrive titles right in InfoSoup
- Find magazine and newspaper articles in addition to regular InfoSoup content
What's NOT (really) New!
Many of the most popular features of InfoSoup may look a little different, but will work just about the same as before.
- Use your same library card number and PIN to login
- Easy to place, view, and manage your holds
- Renew online
- Pay your fines online
- Your Reading History (if you opted in) and any My Lists you created will still be available
There are a few features that are not available.
- Reviews and Rating from InfoSoup users no longer display. For most titles, however, reviews and ratings from Goodreads will appear near the bottom of each full record display.
- Preferred Searches (Saved Searches) are not currently working in the New InfoSoup. If you use this feature, you can, for now, access your saved searches by logging into theClassic My Account.